This post is to announce the creation of my first phone app: The "Getting Greek: Koine Alphabet" App (but don't let the name fool you, there's over 50 Greek Vocab words included too!!!). The Getting Greek: Koine Alphabet App is a simple, yet, robust little app. The App contains:
- 24 uppercase letters of the Koine alphabet
- 25 lowercase letters of the Koine alphabet
- Audio for pronunciation of all Greek letters
- 50 Koine vocabulary words via audio
- 24 audio explanations of each Greek letter and its English equivalent
- Directions Index for how to use the App
The Getting Greek: Koine Alphabet App is user-intuitive as learners simply scroll through the alphabet by touching the screen and initiating the audio files by pushing 1 of 3 buttons (Pronounce, Examples, English). This App will be useful for seminary students, laypersons, pastors, professors and ancient language-lovers alike. You can see more about the App HERE in the Android Market, or by clicking the image-link below (which will also take you to the market), including screenshots and a brief introductory/How To video.
Of course, you can search the market on your phone as well! Also, I already have 2 more Koine apps in the works and hope to be done with at least one of those VERY soon, so, be on the lookout.